Exploring the world, raising questions on global issues.
Online Employability and Networking Award: Presenting Anne-Chantal Besong: A video
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
This video is a presentation of the skills I have learnt through the University of Leicester's ONE
Award and how I plan to show case my personal brand and improve on my online presence through my blog and other social media sites.
I know when a lot of people hear the initials SS or the full name Sickle Cell Anaemia, they will flinch, some will raise eye brows and others will be gripped with worry, concern or some other form of anxiety. And if some day they are told they are SS they will certainly freak out, wondering what society will say, how they will be treated by their peers, friends, colleagues, etc. But why is this so? Sickle Cell Anaemia (SCA) also known as Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) a genetic disease which affects mostly people in Africa and in the West Indies and or people with genetic backgrounds from these parts, has often been looked upon as a mystery disease; with some tribes attributing it to sorcery, others treating the children born with it with suspicion or distaste. So many clichés about the disease which are not true but which over the years have been spread around and accepted by the public as true. So what exactly is Sickle Cell? Sickle-cell disease ( SCD ), als...
20th of June 2025, the waves that swept across the global Sickle Cell Community with the celebration of #WorldSickleCellDay2025 seem to have dwindled into mere ripples. Throughout yesterday, a great deal was said and done to advance the global Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) cause. On my side, June 19 was a busy one, advocating for more communication on Sickle Cell Disease and the actions taken by all stakeholders. The day began with the launch of the World Sickle Cell Day special edition of SOuL JustBe SCD Lifestyle Magazine: Read the full magazine here: https://www.calameo.com/read/007354037ed05074ae3f8 A communication tool that I and a group of empowered lady warriors have been working on to showcase the different phases of living with Sickle Cell Disease, the challenges, and to share ideas on how to better navigate life with SCD. Later, I participated in a webinar organised by the World Health Organization African Region office that focused on converging media...
In 2010 or some time earlier, the Cameroonian government made a whole show talking of the its newest baby, a project to put up a back bone optical fibre connection throught out the country. I remember that project because I was the news anchor reading the article. Many years down the lane and I am wondering what has become of this project. My thoughts switched to this famous back bone optical fibre project after I spent an entire week trying to submit my last Online Networking and Employability Award assignment. I do not think I have ever been frustrated by the internet in Cameroon as I was in the past 4-5 days. It is not only about the deadline missed but also about the time, energy , efforts and adrenaline spent in the struggle to post a 5 minutes video and send a one page word document. It is in situations like this that I see why some countries are termed developing or under developed. The lack of internet connections coupled with the numerous black...
Comments
Post a Comment